Dennis Rodman: Diplomat to North Korea?
Former NBA star and reality TV fixture Dennis Rodman is heading to North Korea. The flamboyant Hall of Fame player, known for his bad-boy attitude and outrageous style, will join several members of the Harlem Globetrotters on an unofficial “basketball diplomacy” trip into the reclusive country. The group will be accompanied by a filmmaking team from Vice Media for a documentary series set to air on HBO. Vice Founder Shane Smith told the Associated Press, “Is sending the Harlem Globetrotters and Dennis Rodman to the DPRK strange? In a word, yes. But finding common ground on the basketball court is a beautiful thing." North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is reportedly a huge fan of the NBA, and having grown up in the Michael Jordan era, loves Rodman’s former team, the Chicago Bulls. North Korea has recently undertaken a series of nuclear weapons tests that have been condemned by the United States and other countries around the world. They are also widely believed to be perpetrating terrible human rights offenses on their own people. VICE Guide to North Korea is set to air on HBO starting in April ...
Recommended For You
- > GoDaddy Pulls Super Bowl Ad Amidst Outrage
- > This ‘Exploding Kittens’ Card Game Is the Most-Backed Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- > ‘Intellectually Disabled’ Man Executed in Georgia
- > The All-Female Ghostbusters Cast Is Here and It Is Perfect
- > Hollywood Wants Chris Pratt to Be the New Indiana Jones, No Duh.