Dennis Rodman ‘Sorry’ for Not Helping Missionary Kenneth Bae in North Korea
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman told reporters that he was sorry that he didn’t help fellow American Kenneth Bae while visiting North Korea for a basketball game on dictator Kim Jong Un’s birthday. Bae, an American citizen, is a Christian missionary, who has been imprisoned in the reclusive country since Nov. 3. Rodman recently returned to North Korea to visit his “best friend” (who, in addition to being a fan of ‘90s basketball stars, also happens to be one of the most oppressive dictators in the world). He told reporters waiting at the Beijing airport, “'I'm sorry, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything. It's not my fault. I'm sorry. I just want to do some good stuff, that's all I want to do … 'I'm sorry for all the people and what's going on, I'm sorry. I'm not the president, I'm not an ambassador, I'm just an individual that wants to show the world the fact that we can actually get along and be happy for one day.”
Rodman and a group of former NBA players spent several days in the country, where they sung “Happy Birthday” to the ruthless dictator and played a basketball game for his entertainment. Bae, whose ''anti-state crimes” against the country have never been specified, is said to be in poor health, and some believe that he was attempting to expose the plight of starving children in North Korea before he was detained. Rodman said he plans on returning to North Korean in February ...
Recommended For You
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies