Dastardly Cookie Thief Demands Cookies for All Sick Children
A German man known as Krümel Monster (Cookie Monster) has pulled off the perfect crime: swiping an iconic, 44-lb. golden cookie from the headquarters of the Bahlsen, a world-famous biscuit-maker. Authorities were confounded. Bahlsen was outraged, offering over a thousand dollars for information leading to the crook's capture. And yesterday, a ransom note showed up at a local media outlet. It was a picture of the Krümel Monster himself, taking a bite out of the beloved cookie. "I have the biscuit!" the dastardly note claimed. "You want it and therefore you want on one day in February, to give biscuits to all the children in Bult hospital. But those with milk chocolate, not those with dark chocolate and not those without chocolate. And a golden biscuit for the child cancer ward." Fortunately, Bahlsen does not negotiate with terrorists and is standing its ground, maintaining that it has "already done a lot" for the children's hospital and that the company "doesn't need to be coerced in this way." It's heartening to see that sort of courage in the face of such wreckless hate. The showdown begins ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Tracy Morgan Says He Had an Encounter with God After His Accident
- > Got the Post-Holiday Mondays? Here Are the Unreal Star Wars Impressions Your Day Needs
- > University of Chicago Campus Shut Down Due to Threats of Gun Violence
- > Here’s a New Look at Amazon’s 30-Minute Drone Delivery System
- > Taylor Swift Met with a Young Fan Who May Soon Lose Her Hearing