Dairy Queen Worker’s Good Deed Lands Him a Meeting with Warren Buffet
Joey Prusak works at a Dairy Queen in Minnesota, but soon the 19-year-old will be flying to Nebraska to meet with one of the world’s most successful businessmen, Warren Buffet. All of the attention for Joey started when he noticed a visually impaired customer had dropped a $20 bill while waiting in line at his store. When the woman behind the customer in line grabbed the bill, Joey asked her to give it back to the blind man. The greedy woman (honestly, who does that?) eventually cursed him out before being kicked out of the store. Joey, feeling bad about what happened to the blind man, gave him a $20 bill out of his own pocket.
If it wasn’t for another customer sending an email to the store’s manager—which recently went viral—praising Joey for his kindness, the act may have gone unnoticed. Word of the incident and of Joey’s generosity made it all the way to Buffet, whose investment company Berkshire Hathaway owns Dairy Queen. The billionaire was so moved, that he called Joey to thank him for being a role model to other employees and even invited him to attend the company’s shareholders’ event. As far as the teen—in typical Joey fashion—he’s remained humble about the whole thing: “I did it without even really thinking about it ... Ninety-nine out of 100 people would've done the same thing as me" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity
- > NY Yankees Foundation to Pay for the Education of Murdered Officer’s Kids
- > Man Who Killed Two NYC Police Officers Bragged on Instagram Before Shooting
- > SNL's Christmas 'Serial' Parody Hits It Out of the Park
- > Archaeologists Have Discovered an Entry Way to King Herod’s Palace
- > 'School of Rock' Is Coming to Broadway