Dairy Queen Worker’s Good Deed Lands Him a Meeting with Warren Buffet
Joey Prusak works at a Dairy Queen in Minnesota, but soon the 19-year-old will be flying to Nebraska to meet with one of the world’s most successful businessmen, Warren Buffet. All of the attention for Joey started when he noticed a visually impaired customer had dropped a $20 bill while waiting in line at his store. When the woman behind the customer in line grabbed the bill, Joey asked her to give it back to the blind man. The greedy woman (honestly, who does that?) eventually cursed him out before being kicked out of the store. Joey, feeling bad about what happened to the blind man, gave him a $20 bill out of his own pocket.
If it wasn’t for another customer sending an email to the store’s manager—which recently went viral—praising Joey for his kindness, the act may have gone unnoticed. Word of the incident and of Joey’s generosity made it all the way to Buffet, whose investment company Berkshire Hathaway owns Dairy Queen. The billionaire was so moved, that he called Joey to thank him for being a role model to other employees and even invited him to attend the company’s shareholders’ event. As far as the teen—in typical Joey fashion—he’s remained humble about the whole thing: “I did it without even really thinking about it ... Ninety-nine out of 100 people would've done the same thing as me" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’