Dairy Queen Worker’s Good Deed Lands Him a Meeting with Warren Buffet
Joey Prusak works at a Dairy Queen in Minnesota, but soon the 19-year-old will be flying to Nebraska to meet with one of the world’s most successful businessmen, Warren Buffet. All of the attention for Joey started when he noticed a visually impaired customer had dropped a $20 bill while waiting in line at his store. When the woman behind the customer in line grabbed the bill, Joey asked her to give it back to the blind man. The greedy woman (honestly, who does that?) eventually cursed him out before being kicked out of the store. Joey, feeling bad about what happened to the blind man, gave him a $20 bill out of his own pocket.
If it wasn’t for another customer sending an email to the store’s manager—which recently went viral—praising Joey for his kindness, the act may have gone unnoticed. Word of the incident and of Joey’s generosity made it all the way to Buffet, whose investment company Berkshire Hathaway owns Dairy Queen. The billionaire was so moved, that he called Joey to thank him for being a role model to other employees and even invited him to attend the company’s shareholders’ event. As far as the teen—in typical Joey fashion—he’s remained humble about the whole thing: “I did it without even really thinking about it ... Ninety-nine out of 100 people would've done the same thing as me" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President