Czech Ambassador: Czech Republic and Chechnya Are Different Places
One of the interesting storylines to emerge in the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombers, was the reaction from international leaders when it was revealed that the suspects were born in an area near Chechnya. First, the head of the Chechen Republic, issued a statement via Instagram saying that there is no connection between the Tsarnaev brothers’ actions and Chechnya. Now, the Ambassador of the Czech Republic has issued a statement making sure Americans know the difference between the two regions: “The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities – the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation … Czech Republic is an active and reliable partner of the United States in the fight against terrorism.” Chechen leader Ramazan Karimov also said, “We wish recovery to all the victims and share the feelings of sorrow of Americans” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > SNL's Pete Davidson: 'I Would've Killed Myself If I Didn't Have Kid Cudi'
- > Check Out the New Teaser for '24: Legacy'
- > This Historic Church Building Is Seriously Being Destroyed by Urine
- > Phil Collins Performed “In the Air Tonight’ on ‘Fallon’ and Questlove Played Rock 'n' Roll’s Greatest Drum Fill
- > Michigan Township Passes Resolution to Refuse Refugees