Czech Ambassador: Czech Republic and Chechnya Are Different Places
One of the interesting storylines to emerge in the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombers, was the reaction from international leaders when it was revealed that the suspects were born in an area near Chechnya. First, the head of the Chechen Republic, issued a statement via Instagram saying that there is no connection between the Tsarnaev brothers’ actions and Chechnya. Now, the Ambassador of the Czech Republic has issued a statement making sure Americans know the difference between the two regions: “The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities – the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation … Czech Republic is an active and reliable partner of the United States in the fight against terrorism.” Chechen leader Ramazan Karimov also said, “We wish recovery to all the victims and share the feelings of sorrow of Americans” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin