Czech Ambassador: Czech Republic and Chechnya Are Different Places
One of the interesting storylines to emerge in the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombers, was the reaction from international leaders when it was revealed that the suspects were born in an area near Chechnya. First, the head of the Chechen Republic, issued a statement via Instagram saying that there is no connection between the Tsarnaev brothers’ actions and Chechnya. Now, the Ambassador of the Czech Republic has issued a statement making sure Americans know the difference between the two regions: “The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities – the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation … Czech Republic is an active and reliable partner of the United States in the fight against terrorism.” Chechen leader Ramazan Karimov also said, “We wish recovery to all the victims and share the feelings of sorrow of Americans” …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?