CW Is Making a 'Hunger Games' Style Reality Show
As you probably know, The Hunger Games is a young adult novel in which children are pitted against each other in a violent death match, serving as a social satire about what will pass for entertainment in a horrific dystopian future. "'Future?'" say the CW executives. "Why wait?" Why indeed, as the geniuses at the fledgling network have obviously understood the point of The Hunger Games perfectly and are making a reality show based off of it, apparently unaware of the nightmarish irony into which they are pitting themselves. The show will be called The Hunt, and two teams will be dropped into the wilderness to hunt, hide, capture players from other teams and basically do everything they do in The Hunger Games except brutally slaughter each other. "I volunteer!" said nobody. Hopefully ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?