Crisis: Airline Loses Jamaican Bobsled Team's Gear
What could be the most anticipated sequel of a generation just got a devastating plot twist after the Jamaican bobsled team—the first from their country to qualify in over ten years—has landed in Sochi without their gear. “The sled is here,” team leader Winston Watts told the AP. “But the blades that we put our heart out to get, the airline maybe left them back in New York. None of us have clothing.” It's true—all they have to wear are the team uniforms they flew in.
This leaves the team unable to practice, scrambling around on phone calls while the rest of the nations get familiar with the Olympic course. Watts says that, worst case scenario, he'll ask other teams if he can borrow their equipment. “We are the most lovingest people," he told reporters "So every moment is always positive. We always keep smiling. That is our motto.”
Feel the rhythm, guys. Feel the rhyme ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Mythbusters Are Going to Test Walt White’s Machine Gun with Vince Gilligan
- > Polygamists in Montana Apply for Marriage License
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like If You Could See All the Asteroids in the Sky
- > Mosque Raises Thousands to Help Vandalized Catholic Church
- > Happy July 4 Weekend, Here’s a Crow Riding a Bald Eagle