Crisis: Airline Loses Jamaican Bobsled Team's Gear
What could be the most anticipated sequel of a generation just got a devastating plot twist after the Jamaican bobsled team—the first from their country to qualify in over ten years—has landed in Sochi without their gear. “The sled is here,” team leader Winston Watts told the AP. “But the blades that we put our heart out to get, the airline maybe left them back in New York. None of us have clothing.” It's true—all they have to wear are the team uniforms they flew in.
This leaves the team unable to practice, scrambling around on phone calls while the rest of the nations get familiar with the Olympic course. Watts says that, worst case scenario, he'll ask other teams if he can borrow their equipment. “We are the most lovingest people," he told reporters "So every moment is always positive. We always keep smiling. That is our motto.”
Feel the rhythm, guys. Feel the rhyme ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > At Least 10 Jewish Centers Have Received Bomb Threats Today
- > Keanu Reeves on Matrix 4: 'That’d Be Weird, But Why Not?'
- > Watch Daisy Ridley *Not* Give Away 'Star Wars VIII' Secrets
- > This Supercut of the 5 Films Nominated for the Best Cinematography Oscar Is the Pick-Me-Up Your Monday Needs
- > Enjoy Some Disney Nostalgia With This New 'Beauty and the Beast' Clip