Couple Finds the Secret to a $1.50 Wedding
Georgina and Sid really wanted a nice wedding, but they also wanted to be able to invest in their first home or go on a long trip. So instead of spending thousands of dollars on an elaborate ceremony and reception, the couple decided to get married on the cheap—the really cheap. By asking friends to each bring a dish to the reception, carving their own rings, utilizing recycled or donated items and having a family member provide some saxophone music, they were able to have the entire wedding for just $1.50. Georgina was even able to find a handmade wedding dress on the site freecycle.com (which she paid the $1.50 for). The bride told The Daily Mail, “There is nothing to gain from spending a huge amount of money. The day is supposed to be about marrying the person you love and for us all that mattered was that we were becoming husband and wife” …
Recommended For You
- > Suspicious: The U.S. Government Edited a Wikipedia Article About Reptilians Running the World
- > Pastor's Response to Burned Cross Outside Church: "Whoever Did It, We Forgive Them."
- > Map Shows America’s ‘Happiest’ and ‘Unhappiest’ Cities
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > Prisoner's Lethal Injection Execution Lasted Nearly Two Hours