Couple Finds the Secret to a $1.50 Wedding
Georgina and Sid really wanted a nice wedding, but they also wanted to be able to invest in their first home or go on a long trip. So instead of spending thousands of dollars on an elaborate ceremony and reception, the couple decided to get married on the cheap—the really cheap. By asking friends to each bring a dish to the reception, carving their own rings, utilizing recycled or donated items and having a family member provide some saxophone music, they were able to have the entire wedding for just $1.50. Georgina was even able to find a handmade wedding dress on the site freecycle.com (which she paid the $1.50 for). The bride told The Daily Mail, “There is nothing to gain from spending a huge amount of money. The day is supposed to be about marrying the person you love and for us all that mattered was that we were becoming husband and wife” …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Presidential Debate Will Be Streaming Tonight for All Cord Cutters
- > This Trailer for ‘The 13th’ Will Make You Rethink What You Know About Mass Incarceration
- > Martin Scorsese’s Missionary Film ‘Silence’ Will Release in December
- > Even the Guy In Charge of DC Movies Doesn’t Like Them
- > Tim Tebow On Colin Kaepernick's Protests: It's About Doing It 'the Right Way'