Conan Will Host This Year's White House Correspondents Dinner
Conan (O’Brien, not the Barbarian) will be taking the reigns of what's traditionally about the most fun Washington, D.C., has all year: the White House Correspondents Dinner. It's typically a time for politicians, journalists and broadcasters to let down their hair a little and poke fun at each other. A few of the smarter, more politically savvy celebrities generally make an appearance (for example, Kim Kardashian was there last year). The president tells some jokes. Some scholarships are handed out, which is a genuinely good thing. And then an actual comedy star will take the stage and show everyone how it's done. This year, Conan is just such a star, and he'll probably make it an event worth watching. Team Coco has really paid off ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies
- > The New Season of ‘Parks and Rec’ Will Take Place in the Future
- > Here's the First Preview for the Colbert Show Replacement, 'The Nightly Show'
- > Horrible Details of the Taliban's School Attack Emerge
- > The U.S. Navy Finally Has a Drone That Looks Like a Shark