Cleveland Kidnapper Ariel Castro Found Dead in His Jail Cell
Ariel Castro, the man who pleaded guilty to kidnapping three young women and holding them captive for nearly 10 years, has been found dead in his jail cell. Prison officials say he commited suicide. Last month, Castro was sentenced to life in prison, plus 1,000 years, after pleading guilty to more than 900 criminal counts including rape. Though the 53-year-old was checked on by guards every 30 minutes because of the high profile nature of the case, he was not on suicide watch.
Following their dramatic rescue from Castro’s Cleveland home, Gina DeJesus, Amanda Berry and Michelle Knight released this video, thanking supporters for their prayers and the more than $1 million that poured into a fund to help them build new lives. In the video, Knight says, “We have been hurt by people, but we need to rely on God as being the judge. God has a plan for all of us. The plan that he gave me was to help others who have been in the same situations I have been” …
Recommended For You
- > Suspicious: The U.S. Government Edited a Wikipedia Article About Reptilians Running the World
- > Pastor's Response to Burned Cross Outside Church: "Whoever Did It, We Forgive Them."
- > Map Shows America’s ‘Happiest’ and ‘Unhappiest’ Cities
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > Prisoner's Lethal Injection Execution Lasted Nearly Two Hours