Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Mitt Romney
So, the Internet is abuzz with the news that Governor Mitt Romney has adopted Friday Night Light's "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose" mantra as a slogan. He even tapped the sign before he went into the Denver debate, all Tim Riggins-like. This has raised all sorts of important questions about who the various residents of Dillion, Tex. would be voting for, and which "FNL" character is Mitt Romney most like, and shouldn't a phrase as hallowed as the Dillion Panthers' motto be above politics? One thing that's getting lost in the furor: that President Obama tweeted a photo with the same phrase, five months ago ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course