Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Mitt Romney
So, the Internet is abuzz with the news that Governor Mitt Romney has adopted Friday Night Light's "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose" mantra as a slogan. He even tapped the sign before he went into the Denver debate, all Tim Riggins-like. This has raised all sorts of important questions about who the various residents of Dillion, Tex. would be voting for, and which "FNL" character is Mitt Romney most like, and shouldn't a phrase as hallowed as the Dillion Panthers' motto be above politics? One thing that's getting lost in the furor: that President Obama tweeted a photo with the same phrase, five months ago ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > There Are No Words to Describe This ‘Star Wars’ LED Christmas Light Display
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.