Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Mitt Romney
So, the Internet is abuzz with the news that Governor Mitt Romney has adopted Friday Night Light's "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose" mantra as a slogan. He even tapped the sign before he went into the Denver debate, all Tim Riggins-like. This has raised all sorts of important questions about who the various residents of Dillion, Tex. would be voting for, and which "FNL" character is Mitt Romney most like, and shouldn't a phrase as hallowed as the Dillion Panthers' motto be above politics? One thing that's getting lost in the furor: that President Obama tweeted a photo with the same phrase, five months ago ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?