A Church Is Refusing to Display This Couch-Shaped, NFL-Themed Tombstone
St. Joseph Catholic Church in North Vernon, Indiana has a century-old graveyard that has served as a final resting place for all sorts, but no one quite like Jason Carr. Carr was a great lover of the Indianapolis Colts and NASCAR, which he watched from his favorite couch so, when he passed away, his widow commissioned a tombstone fit for Carr's hobbies: couch-shaped, and decorated with the logos of NASCAR and the Colts.
But Reverend Jonathan Meyer, the church's priest, drew the line, saying he "did not think a granite couch was an appropriate monument in our historic cemetery." Now, Mrs. Carr is suing the church, her father-in-law is standing his ground ("I'm told the controversy is splitting the church apart, tearing it in half," he told reporters. "But I guess that's what has to be done.") And Rev. Meyer is standing by his decision, saying "Our culture breaks all the rules to make people feel good. Faithful Christians know rules and regulations are set up so there can be good for everyone" ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > The New Presidential Cabinet Won't Include a Latino for the First Time in 30 Years
- > Last Year Was the Hottest Year on Record ... for the Third Year in a Row
- > Donald Trump Will Be Sworn in Using Abraham Lincoln's Bible (and His Own)
- > Two of the Country's Most Prominent Divinity Schools Instruct Their Faculty to Use Gender-Neutral Pronouns for God
- > ‘This Is Us’ Is Coming Back for at Least 2 More Seasons