A Church Is Refusing to Display This Couch-Shaped, NFL-Themed Tombstone
St. Joseph Catholic Church in North Vernon, Indiana has a century-old graveyard that has served as a final resting place for all sorts, but no one quite like Jason Carr. Carr was a great lover of the Indianapolis Colts and NASCAR, which he watched from his favorite couch so, when he passed away, his widow commissioned a tombstone fit for Carr's hobbies: couch-shaped, and decorated with the logos of NASCAR and the Colts.
But Reverend Jonathan Meyer, the church's priest, drew the line, saying he "did not think a granite couch was an appropriate monument in our historic cemetery." Now, Mrs. Carr is suing the church, her father-in-law is standing his ground ("I'm told the controversy is splitting the church apart, tearing it in half," he told reporters. "But I guess that's what has to be done.") And Rev. Meyer is standing by his decision, saying "Our culture breaks all the rules to make people feel good. Faithful Christians know rules and regulations are set up so there can be good for everyone" ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’