Christmas Spending Weakest Since 2008
Consumer tracking agencies have reported holiday sales in 2012 were the weakest in four years, with many factors likely contributing: poor weather, fresh grief over the Newtown shootings and even the election. Over it all, though, hangs the specter of the ongoing recession. Since the eight weeks of holiday shopping serve as an indicator of the nation's overall economic health, analysts say the outlook is grim. But what if everyone just chose to go handmade this year? ...
Recommended For You
- > Report: Apple May Be Prepping a Jumbo-Sized iPad
- > Malcolm Gladwell’s Medical TV Thriller Has Been Purchased by Fox
- > Is ‘Full House’ About to Make a Comeback?
- > ‘Indefinite’ Ceasefire Puts an End to Weeks of Fighting in Gaza
- > Superman and Lois Lane Just Did the Ice Bucket Challenge So Let's Call It a Day