Christmas Spending Weakest Since 2008
Consumer tracking agencies have reported holiday sales in 2012 were the weakest in four years, with many factors likely contributing: poor weather, fresh grief over the Newtown shootings and even the election. Over it all, though, hangs the specter of the ongoing recession. Since the eight weeks of holiday shopping serve as an indicator of the nation's overall economic health, analysts say the outlook is grim. But what if everyone just chose to go handmade this year? ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward