Christmas Spending Weakest Since 2008
Consumer tracking agencies have reported holiday sales in 2012 were the weakest in four years, with many factors likely contributing: poor weather, fresh grief over the Newtown shootings and even the election. Over it all, though, hangs the specter of the ongoing recession. Since the eight weeks of holiday shopping serve as an indicator of the nation's overall economic health, analysts say the outlook is grim. But what if everyone just chose to go handmade this year? ...
Recommended For You
- > The 'God's Not Dead' Sequel You've Always Wanted Is Finally Happening
- > The World Is a Vampire: Scientist Encounters 'Puppy-Sized' Spider
- > Will Idaho Pastors Be Forced to Conduct Same-Sex Weddings?
- > Another Charming Visit From Marcel the Shell With Shoes On.
- > Catholic Bishop Summit Ends Without Revised Stance on Same-Sex Couples