Christmas Spending Weakest Since 2008
Consumer tracking agencies have reported holiday sales in 2012 were the weakest in four years, with many factors likely contributing: poor weather, fresh grief over the Newtown shootings and even the election. Over it all, though, hangs the specter of the ongoing recession. Since the eight weeks of holiday shopping serve as an indicator of the nation's overall economic health, analysts say the outlook is grim. But what if everyone just chose to go handmade this year? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course