Christmas Day Fire in the Philippines Leaves Seven Dead and Thousands Homeless
A fire in a shantytown outside the capital city of Manila in the Philippines on Christmas Day left seven dead and thousands homeless. Residents beat a man to death after he shouted he'd been the one to start the fire, but officials later released details that the fire began in a home where children had been playing with lighted candles. Many were injured—including two firefighters—by a mob that swelled in panic and chaos. Approximately 5,000 people have been rendered homeless by the fire. The displaced have been given shelter in a local gymnasium ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Team Up For A New Film
- > Biebs Is Bringing Back the WWJD Bracelet
- > Just Try to Contain Your Excitement: There’s a New Album on the Way From Adele
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking