Christmas Day Fire in the Philippines Leaves Seven Dead and Thousands Homeless
A fire in a shantytown outside the capital city of Manila in the Philippines on Christmas Day left seven dead and thousands homeless. Residents beat a man to death after he shouted he'd been the one to start the fire, but officials later released details that the fire began in a home where children had been playing with lighted candles. Many were injured—including two firefighters—by a mob that swelled in panic and chaos. Approximately 5,000 people have been rendered homeless by the fire. The displaced have been given shelter in a local gymnasium ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Here’s This: Kanye Says His T-Swift Interruption Was Activism
- > 'Hamilton' Grabs an Insane Number of Tony Nominations
- > Here’s a Look at ‘The War of 1996’ in This New ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Preview
- > Meanwhile in Politics, Trump Says Ted Cruz's Dad Was Part of the JFK Assassination
- > This Creepy New Radiohead Video Has Some Interesting Religious Imagery