Christmas Day Fire in the Philippines Leaves Seven Dead and Thousands Homeless
A fire in a shantytown outside the capital city of Manila in the Philippines on Christmas Day left seven dead and thousands homeless. Residents beat a man to death after he shouted he'd been the one to start the fire, but officials later released details that the fire began in a home where children had been playing with lighted candles. Many were injured—including two firefighters—by a mob that swelled in panic and chaos. Approximately 5,000 people have been rendered homeless by the fire. The displaced have been given shelter in a local gymnasium ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Report Links Earthquakes in the U.S. With Oil Drilling Practices
- > Officials Just Evacuated the Statue of Liberty
- > Disturbing Video Shows Police Shooting Unarmed Black Man
- > Terrorist Network With Links to Bin Laden Busted in Italy
- > Philly Bakery Creates Tebow Pretzel to Welcome Him to the Eagles