Christmas Day Fire in the Philippines Leaves Seven Dead and Thousands Homeless
A fire in a shantytown outside the capital city of Manila in the Philippines on Christmas Day left seven dead and thousands homeless. Residents beat a man to death after he shouted he'd been the one to start the fire, but officials later released details that the fire began in a home where children had been playing with lighted candles. Many were injured—including two firefighters—by a mob that swelled in panic and chaos. Approximately 5,000 people have been rendered homeless by the fire. The displaced have been given shelter in a local gymnasium ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Icing-Filled Cap’n Crunch-Covered Donut Holes Are Being Sold at Taco Bell
- > Kanye's New Album Will Be Called ‘So Help Me God’
- > Police Kill Man on Skid Row During Confrontation Caught on Tape
- > Guy Gets ‘The Dress’ Tattooed on His Leg, and It’s Definitely Black and Blue
- > The New Issue of RELEVANT Is Here