Christmas Day Fire in the Philippines Leaves Seven Dead and Thousands Homeless
A fire in a shantytown outside the capital city of Manila in the Philippines on Christmas Day left seven dead and thousands homeless. Residents beat a man to death after he shouted he'd been the one to start the fire, but officials later released details that the fire began in a home where children had been playing with lighted candles. Many were injured—including two firefighters—by a mob that swelled in panic and chaos. Approximately 5,000 people have been rendered homeless by the fire. The displaced have been given shelter in a local gymnasium ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice Poses as a Lyft Driver for a Day
- > Woman Shows Up to Her Own Funeral Surprising Everyone, Including Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- > 20-Story Crane Collapses in Manhattan
- > The Pastor of China’s Largest Official Protestant Church Has Been Arrested
- > Watch Football Players Complete the Ultimate Physical Challenge: Doing Their Daughters' Hair