Christmas Day Fire in the Philippines Leaves Seven Dead and Thousands Homeless
A fire in a shantytown outside the capital city of Manila in the Philippines on Christmas Day left seven dead and thousands homeless. Residents beat a man to death after he shouted he'd been the one to start the fire, but officials later released details that the fire began in a home where children had been playing with lighted candles. Many were injured—including two firefighters—by a mob that swelled in panic and chaos. Approximately 5,000 people have been rendered homeless by the fire. The displaced have been given shelter in a local gymnasium ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > At Least 120 People Were Killed By ISIS Bombings in Syria This Week
- > NASA Thinks There Might Be Life on Jupiter’s Moon Europa
- > The Chewbacca Lady Is Having a Big Week
- > Here Are Five Glorious Minutes from ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’
- > Facebook Live’s Chewbacca Superstar Says She Wants to Use Her Influence for God