Christians Communities Under Attack in Egypt
According to this story from USA Today, Since Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi (of the Muslim Brotherhood party) was ousted from his position by the Egyptian military on July 3, Christians throughout the country have been under constant threat. Many Christians took part in the protests against Morsi, that led to his eventual removal from leadership.
This week, after military security officials raided the protest camps of Morsi supporters, Muslim Brotherhood backers directed hostility at the Christian community, attacking churches, monasteries, orphanages, personal homes and schools in nine providences. An editor of a Christian paper in Egypt told USA Today, “Christians shouldn't be moved by this, shouldn't be dragged to fulfill the target that lies behind this, which is segregating the national solidarity between Christians and Muslims in the very difficult time Egypt is passing through” …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > This Trailer for ‘Sky Ladder’ Is Seriously Stunning
- > Mark Your Calendars: Netflix Announced ‘Gilmore Girls’ Is Coming Back on Nov. 25
- > Start Your Morning with This Video of a T-Rex Doing Tricks on a Jet Ski, Because Why Not?
- > Watch This Father of the Bride Pull the ‘Ole ‘I Just Dropped the Wedding Cake' Prank
- > Here’s the New Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'