Christian Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Pay $135K Fine
An Oregon couple who runs the Sweet Cakes bakery has paid fines totaling about $135,000 after refusing to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, citing their religious beliefs. The Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that their decision not to make a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer was unlawful discrimination, and that businesses can not refuse to serve customers based on their sexual orientation.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Host of ‘The Preachers’ Says He Was Joking After He Seemed to Endorse Open Marriages
- > At Least 80 People Were Killed By ISIS Suicide Attacks in Kabul on Saturday
- > This ‘Legends of the Hidden Temple’ Movie Looks Super Lame
- > This Trailer for ‘Doctor Strange’ Is a Real Mind Bender
- > Here’s the New Trailer for Oliver Stone’s Edward Snowden Movie