Christian Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Pay $135K Fine
An Oregon couple who runs the Sweet Cakes bakery has paid fines totaling about $135,000 after refusing to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, citing their religious beliefs. The Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that their decision not to make a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer was unlawful discrimination, and that businesses can not refuse to serve customers based on their sexual orientation.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts