Christian Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Pay $135K Fine
An Oregon couple who runs the Sweet Cakes bakery has paid fines totaling about $135,000 after refusing to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, citing their religious beliefs. The Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that their decision not to make a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer was unlawful discrimination, and that businesses can not refuse to serve customers based on their sexual orientation.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Trailer for Netflix's 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Is Finally Here
- > Former KKK Leader David Duke Qualifies for Televised Senate Debate at Historically Black University
- > OK, This Is Officially the Creepiest Thing You’ll See All Halloween
- > The Studio Behind 'Twilight' Is Making Your High School Dreams Come True
- > Good Grief. Obamacare Premiums Are Going Up by 25 Percent