Christian Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Pay $135K Fine
An Oregon couple who runs the Sweet Cakes bakery has paid fines totaling about $135,000 after refusing to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, citing their religious beliefs. The Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that their decision not to make a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer was unlawful discrimination, and that businesses can not refuse to serve customers based on their sexual orientation.
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 24,000 Prison Workers Are On Strike And Nobody Is Talking About It
- > Obama to Kaepernick: ‘Listen to the Pain' the Protest May Cause Someone Who's Lost Family in Combat
- > A Teenager Opened Fire On A Children’s Playground Yesterday
- > Man Drops Ring In Baseball Game Proposal In Front Of 35,000 People
- > Elon Musk Wants To Put People On Mars And He Just Might