China May Soon Reform Its One-Child Policy
According to Reuters, officials in China are debating loosening or reforming the nation’s one-child policy. The controversial law makes it illegal in most parts of the country for couples to have more than one child, leading to forced abortions, a skewed gender ratio in the population (because of a cultural preference for sons) and, some economists argue, a dwindling workforce. Though many analysts believe that China will soon move to institute a two-child policy, among top government advisors, there is still much division surrounding the law …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Daisy Ridley Wants to Wish You a Happy ‘Star Wars’ Day and Encourage You to Be a Force for Change
- > Is dc Talk's Facebook Page Trying to Tell Us Something?
- > Ted Cruz Is Out, Making Donald Trump's Path Clear(er)
- > Here’s This: Kanye Says His T-Swift Interruption Was Activism
- > 'Hamilton' Grabs an Insane Number of Tony Nominations