China May Soon Reform Its One-Child Policy
According to Reuters, officials in China are debating loosening or reforming the nation’s one-child policy. The controversial law makes it illegal in most parts of the country for couples to have more than one child, leading to forced abortions, a skewed gender ratio in the population (because of a cultural preference for sons) and, some economists argue, a dwindling workforce. Though many analysts believe that China will soon move to institute a two-child policy, among top government advisors, there is still much division surrounding the law …
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign