Child Suspended For a Gun-Shaped Pop-Tart
Park Elementary School in Baltimore isn't taking any prisoners when it comes to gun control, and 7-year-old John Welch is the latest to feel the brunt of their zero tolerance policy towards violence and food that could be construed to be indicative of violence. The incident in question occurred after John's afternoon snacking on a Pop-Tart took an artistic bent.
"All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain," John told local news. "But, it didn't look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun kinda." Faced with a dilemma that has plagued artists for centuries, teachers say he went on to hold the Pop-Tart like a gun and say bang bang. "It was already a rectangle," John said mournfully. "And I just kept on biting it and biting it and tore off the top and it kinda looked like a gun but it wasn't," Nevertheless, the Pop-Tart was confiscated and John was suspended for two days ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A Russian Orthodox Church Leader Has Been Arrested as Laws Banning Evangelism Take Effect
- > Watch St. Paul and the Broken Bones Play Their Soulful New Song 'All I Ever Wonder’ on Colbert
- > ‘White Lives Matter’ Has Officially Been Declared a Hate Group
- > In New Zealand, the Future of Pizza Delivery Is Now
- > This Hammered Dulcimer Cover of 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World' Is the Coolest Music Performance You’ll See Today