Chicago Blocks a Chick-Fil-A Branch Opening
Chicago alderman Joe Moreno has moved to block Chick-Fil-A from opening its second branch in his district this week, citing company president Dan Cathy's recent statements about his opposition to gay marriage. "Because of this man's ignorance, I will now be denying Chick-fil-A's permit to open a restaurant in the 1st Ward," said Moreno, using what Chicago calls an "aldermanic privilege" which has been rarely, if ever, contested. Moreno has used it before, to keep a Wal-Mart from opening up in his district, citing his concerns about its effect on local economy. Chicago is the second city to move against Chick-Fil-A following Cathy's statements, joining Boston mayor Thomas Menino who said that he would make it "very difficult" to open up a branch in his city ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet