Chicago Blocks a Chick-Fil-A Branch Opening
Chicago alderman Joe Moreno has moved to block Chick-Fil-A from opening its second branch in his district this week, citing company president Dan Cathy's recent statements about his opposition to gay marriage. "Because of this man's ignorance, I will now be denying Chick-fil-A's permit to open a restaurant in the 1st Ward," said Moreno, using what Chicago calls an "aldermanic privilege" which has been rarely, if ever, contested. Moreno has used it before, to keep a Wal-Mart from opening up in his district, citing his concerns about its effect on local economy. Chicago is the second city to move against Chick-Fil-A following Cathy's statements, joining Boston mayor Thomas Menino who said that he would make it "very difficult" to open up a branch in his city ...
Recommended For You
- > In Honor of 'Batman Day', Here's the Newest Animated 'Batman' Short
- > Just a Picture of Jack White Having the Time of His Life at a Baseball Game
- > Passenger Plane Crash Lands In Taiwan: At Least 51 Dead
- > Marvel at the Speed of the World’s Fastest Bus Boy
- > Ed Helms and Hilary Swank to Star in TV Drama Series about Organic Farming