Chicago Blocks a Chick-Fil-A Branch Opening
Chicago alderman Joe Moreno has moved to block Chick-Fil-A from opening its second branch in his district this week, citing company president Dan Cathy's recent statements about his opposition to gay marriage. "Because of this man's ignorance, I will now be denying Chick-fil-A's permit to open a restaurant in the 1st Ward," said Moreno, using what Chicago calls an "aldermanic privilege" which has been rarely, if ever, contested. Moreno has used it before, to keep a Wal-Mart from opening up in his district, citing his concerns about its effect on local economy. Chicago is the second city to move against Chick-Fil-A following Cathy's statements, joining Boston mayor Thomas Menino who said that he would make it "very difficult" to open up a branch in his city ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward