Chechen Leader Ramzan Kadyrov Has Released a Statement on the Boston Bombing Suspects
Ramzan Karimov is the Head of the Chechen Republic—the two Boston Marathon bombing suspects' nation of origin—and he's released a statement over Instagram, because we live in strange times. Gawker put together this rough, abridged translation of his statement, which is as follows:
Tragic events took place in Boston. The blast killed people. We have previously expressed condolences to the people of the city and the people of America. [...] Any attempt to make the connection between Chechnya and Tsarnaevymi, if they are guilty, will be made in vain. They grew up in the United States, their attitudes and beliefs were formed there. It is necessary to seek the roots of evil in America. From terrorism to fight the whole world. We know better than anyone else. We wish recovery to all the victims and share the feelings of sorrow of Americans. # # Boston # bombing investigation
As of right now, one of the suspects is dead and although there are conflicting reports, it appears that a massive manhunt remains underway for 19-year-old Dzhokar A. Tsarnaev ...
Recommended For You
- > Noah Story Finally Getting Its Family Friendly Comedy Adaptation
- > As Ice Bucket Challenges Go, John Krasinski's Is a Good One
- > Congratulations on 150 Million Installations, YouVersion.
- > 16-Year-Old Arrested For Writing a Facebook Status About Killing a Dinosaur
- > Found Footage of Brutal Murders Sets Off International Investigation