Can the 'Angry Birds' Movie Save Hollywood?
Today is Angry Birds' third birthday, and what better time to announce what the world's been waiting for, a movie about the world's most beloved thing that does not lend itself to a movie at all. Angry Birds is an iPhone video game, and movies are, well, movies. But that doesn't mean Hollywood can't throw a bunch of computer animated birds on a theater screen and call it a day, and that's exactly what they intend to do. Obviously, it's impossible to wait for this one, but the movie won't hit theaters until 2016, so we'll just have to enjoy it then. Provided we all still even remember what iPhones are at that point. And that we're still watching movies. And that we're not all floating around on melting icebergs ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’
- > Ellen Gave an Entire High School Class College Scholarships, and It Was Moving
- > #SomeoneTellFox Trends After Show Uses Real Footage of Terrorist Attack
- > The DAPL Protest Area Was Cleared in a ‘Military-Style Takeover’