Can the 'Angry Birds' Movie Save Hollywood?
Today is Angry Birds' third birthday, and what better time to announce what the world's been waiting for, a movie about the world's most beloved thing that does not lend itself to a movie at all. Angry Birds is an iPhone video game, and movies are, well, movies. But that doesn't mean Hollywood can't throw a bunch of computer animated birds on a theater screen and call it a day, and that's exactly what they intend to do. Obviously, it's impossible to wait for this one, but the movie won't hit theaters until 2016, so we'll just have to enjoy it then. Provided we all still even remember what iPhones are at that point. And that we're still watching movies. And that we're not all floating around on melting icebergs ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President