Brilliant Lawmakers in Ireland Decide to Permit 'Moderate' Drunk Driving
Quick—when you think of "drunk driving," what's the first words that come to mind? If you answered "not that big of deal," then Kerry County in Ireland is the place for you, since lawmakers there have voted to allow police to permit drunk-ish driving in some cases. The idea, ostensibly, is that Kerry's older residents are shut-in, instead of going out to pubs, since they're nervous that a drive home after a few brews could lose them their licenses. And lawmakers decided that, instead of encouraging residents to not drink quite so much, the real problem is the law itself. The motion will still have to be approved by the Justice Department, but it will face opposition from Kerry's worrywart mayor, Terry O'Brian, who fretted that the law "doesn't make any sense" and is "incredibly dangerous" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation