Brennan Manning Has Passed Away
Brennan Manning, the famed author, friar and contemplative whose bestselling Ragamuffin Gospel spoke acutely and piercingly about the scandal of grace, has passed away at the age of 78. Although his health had been failing for some time, his voice continued to impact millions with its simple, powerful message of God's dazzling love. “Define yourself radically as one beloved by God," he wrote in another one of his books, Abba's Child." This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.” He doubtless would want to be remembered as a ragamuffin loved by God, which is the identity he spent his life reveling in ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Donald Glover Is the New Lando Calrissian
- > This Guy Films Himself Singing in the Car, But Ends Up Recording His Own Car Accident
- > China Releases a Christian Pastor Jailed 7 Years for Organizing a Prayer Meeting
- > Watch Jimmy Kimmel Hire Doctor Strange to Do Magic Tricks at a Kids’ Party
- > 72 Sex Slaves Freed in an International FBI Sting Operation