Brennan Manning Has Passed Away
Brennan Manning, the famed author, friar and contemplative whose bestselling Ragamuffin Gospel spoke acutely and piercingly about the scandal of grace, has passed away at the age of 78. Although his health had been failing for some time, his voice continued to impact millions with its simple, powerful message of God's dazzling love. “Define yourself radically as one beloved by God," he wrote in another one of his books, Abba's Child." This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.” He doubtless would want to be remembered as a ragamuffin loved by God, which is the identity he spent his life reveling in ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?