Brennan Manning Has Passed Away
Brennan Manning, the famed author, friar and contemplative whose bestselling Ragamuffin Gospel spoke acutely and piercingly about the scandal of grace, has passed away at the age of 78. Although his health had been failing for some time, his voice continued to impact millions with its simple, powerful message of God's dazzling love. “Define yourself radically as one beloved by God," he wrote in another one of his books, Abba's Child." This is the true self. Every other identity is illusion.” He doubtless would want to be remembered as a ragamuffin loved by God, which is the identity he spent his life reveling in ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin