Breaking: Congress Less Popular Than Cockroaches
Public Policy Polling, a Raleigh-based polling firm that apparently just gets to ask people whatever questions they want, has released the results of a survey that asked Americans to rank Congress' favorability next to other zeitgeists of American ire. All told, Congress didn't do too bad for a notoriously unproductive national legislative body with a 9 percent favorability rating. They ranked higher than, say, Kim Kardashian and gonorrhea. But Congress lost out to cockroaches and the NFL replacement refs, which is pretty telling. "We all know Congress is unpopular," says PPP president Dean Debnam. "But the fact that voters like it even less than cockroaches, lice, and Genghis Khan really shows how far its esteem has fallen with the American public over the last few weeks" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > There Are No Words to Describe This ‘Star Wars’ LED Christmas Light Display
- > 54 Nigerian Soldiers Have Been Sentenced to Death for Not Fighting Boko Haram
- > Marcel the Shell's 'Landslide' Cover Will Calm Your Fears
- > Now Steve Carrell’s Upcoming North Korea Movie Has Been Canned
- > The Death Penalty Is in Dramatic Decline in the U.S.