Bradley Cooper to Star in Lance Armstrong Movie
Deadline is reporting that actor Bradley Cooper has signed on to produce and star in a film about the rise and fall of cycling star Lance Armstrong. Though it hasn’t yet been announced if Cooper will be portraying Armstrong in Red Blooded American, sources told Deadline that he will play one of two main roles. The other main character is Tyler Hamilton, the former Armstrong friend and teammate who famously went on 60 Minutes to detail Armstrong’s use of banned performance enhancing drugs. The news comes just months after two other Hollywood heavyweights announced their own Lance Armstrong biopics: The Queen director Stephen Frears is at the helm of a yet-to-be titled Armstrong film, and J.J. Abrams is producing a movie based on the book Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong (which, we’re assuming because it’s J.J. Abrams, will set itself apart by incorporating a mind-blowing sci-fi twist) …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.