Boy Scouts Uphold Ban on Openly Gay Troop Leaders and Scouts
The Boy Scouts of America have shut down a proposal to overturn their ban on openly homosexual troop leaders and scouts today. The BSA's Darren Smith announced that "this policy is absolutely the best policy for the Boy Scouts." The motion to overturn the proposal had picked up steam from a petition on Change.org that garnered hundreds of thousands of signatures. However, after a two year review by an 11 member committee, it was ultimately decided to leave things as they've been since the BSA's founding. The Scouts' chief executive Bob Mazucca said, "The vast majority of the parents of youth we serve value their right to address issues of same-sex orientation within their family, with spiritual advisers and at the appropriate time and in the right setting. We fully understand that no single policy will accommodate the many diverse views among our membership or society" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice Poses as a Lyft Driver for a Day
- > Woman Shows Up to Her Own Funeral Surprising Everyone, Including Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- > 20-Story Crane Collapses in Manhattan
- > The Pastor of China’s Largest Official Protestant Church Has Been Arrested
- > Watch Football Players Complete the Ultimate Physical Challenge: Doing Their Daughters' Hair