Boston Marathon Winner Donates His Medal to the City
Yesterday, Boston Marathon winner Lelisa Desisa gave his medal to Mayor Thomas Menino as a tribute to the city and the victims of the marathon-day bombings. Desisa, who also met with survivors of the attack, told the crowd "Sport holds the power to unify and connect people all over the world. Sport should never be used as a battleground." During the ceremony, thousands observed a moment of silence to remember those killed during the bombings in April …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity