Boston Marathon Hero a Peace Activist Supporting His Sons and Other Fallen Soldiers
One of the most graphic images to emerge in the chaotic aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings, was of a man helping a racer who had both legs blown off to get to safety. The heroic individual also used pieces of clothing and nearby towels in an attempt to stop the bleeding for other injured racers. Now, that man has been identified as Carlos Arredondo. A few hours earlier, he was handing out small American flags in memory of his two sons.
In pictures, you can see that Arredondo is wearing two buttons: One for his son who was killed while serving in Iraq, another for his younger son who later committed suicide after losing his brother. Arredondo himself had once attempted suicide following the tragedy, but since 2007, Arredondo has traveled the country with a homemade memorial as a peace activist. Arredondo lives in Boston and attended the race to support those running in honor of fallen soldiers and to hand out the flags. After the bombing, Arredondo, who said he had given about 200 of the flags away during the course of the race, had just one left …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President