Bon Iver Cheers Up Grizzly Bear
Award shows are dumb. Almost everyone agrees that ceremonies involving handing out trophies to artists—while occasionally (very occasionally) interesting—are just too subjective to hold much real value. That's truer of no award show than the Grammys, whose list of winners has been so baffling as to make one wonder if anyone who votes for the Grammys has ever actually heard a real song before. Nevertheless, there's still some prestige associated with the statue, and Grizzly Bear's Ed Droste took to Twitter yesterday to vent his disappointment in this year's Shields getting shut out for any nominations. Justin Vernon, Mr. Bon Iver himself—who was famously anti-Grammy last year, even though he took home the "Best New Artist" award—tweeted back some big brotherly support. Aww. Indie bands looking out for indie bands. In the end, isn't that what it's all about? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Satanic Temple Brings an After-School Satan Club To Portland Elementary School
- > Here’s an Easy Way to Figure Out If You’re Registered to Vote
- > Lecrae Teamed Up with Leon Bridges on a Song for ‘Birth of a Nation’
- > An iPal Robot Has Been Developed To Take Care Of Kids And Its Pretty Creepy
- > This Insane Slackline Video Will Make You Break Out in a Cold Sweat