Bon Iver Cheers Up Grizzly Bear
Award shows are dumb. Almost everyone agrees that ceremonies involving handing out trophies to artists—while occasionally (very occasionally) interesting—are just too subjective to hold much real value. That's truer of no award show than the Grammys, whose list of winners has been so baffling as to make one wonder if anyone who votes for the Grammys has ever actually heard a real song before. Nevertheless, there's still some prestige associated with the statue, and Grizzly Bear's Ed Droste took to Twitter yesterday to vent his disappointment in this year's Shields getting shut out for any nominations. Justin Vernon, Mr. Bon Iver himself—who was famously anti-Grammy last year, even though he took home the "Best New Artist" award—tweeted back some big brotherly support. Aww. Indie bands looking out for indie bands. In the end, isn't that what it's all about? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Here in America, Living With Your Parents Is the New Normal
- > An Officer Involved with Freddie Gray Case Acquitted of All Charges
- > Justin Bieber Calls Out Award Shows for Celebrating the Wrong Things
- > The Newest Trailer for 'Finding Dory' Reveals a Lot About the Storyline
- > At Least 120 People Were Killed By ISIS Bombings in Syria This Week