Bon Iver is Breaking Up With All of Us
Everyone is in love with Justin Vernon. You are. Your significant other is. Peter Gabriel is. Justin Timberlake is. At this point, our parents probably love Bon Iver as much as we do. And that's why there's no easy way to say this, so Bon Iver might as well just come out and say it. He really likes us too, and we're amazing, and he hopes the best for us, but, well, it's just not working out. As he told Minnesota Public Radio,
Winding [Bon Iver] down. I look at it like a faucet. I have to turn it off and walk away from it because so much of how that music comes together is subconscious or discovering. There’s so much attention on the band, it can be distracting at times. I really feel the need to walk away from it while I still care about it. And then if I come back to it – if at all – I’ll feel better about it and be renewed or something to do that.
No. No, it is absolutely not our fault. He just needs some time to think, and has realized that we're going in different directions, and he just doesn't feel the way he wishes he felt about us. But he really has enjoyed this time, and he's sure we'll meet someone who's just perfect, and he hopes we can stay friends? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > A GoFundMe Page Raised $56,000 to Help a 108-Year-Old Woman Keep Her Home
- > This Super Slow-Motion Video of Popcorn Popping Is Surprisingly Epic
- > Science: A Newly Discovered Moth Species Really Is Named After Donald Trump
- > Jessica Biel's New Show, 'The Sinner,' Deals With Heavily Spiritual Themes
- > Ciara: ‘You Shouldn’t Feel Like You Have to Give Your Body Away’