Bon Iver is Breaking Up With All of Us
Everyone is in love with Justin Vernon. You are. Your significant other is. Peter Gabriel is. Justin Timberlake is. At this point, our parents probably love Bon Iver as much as we do. And that's why there's no easy way to say this, so Bon Iver might as well just come out and say it. He really likes us too, and we're amazing, and he hopes the best for us, but, well, it's just not working out. As he told Minnesota Public Radio,
Winding [Bon Iver] down. I look at it like a faucet. I have to turn it off and walk away from it because so much of how that music comes together is subconscious or discovering. There’s so much attention on the band, it can be distracting at times. I really feel the need to walk away from it while I still care about it. And then if I come back to it – if at all – I’ll feel better about it and be renewed or something to do that.
No. No, it is absolutely not our fault. He just needs some time to think, and has realized that we're going in different directions, and he just doesn't feel the way he wishes he felt about us. But he really has enjoyed this time, and he's sure we'll meet someone who's just perfect, and he hopes we can stay friends? ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies
- > The New Season of ‘Parks and Rec’ Will Take Place in the Future
- > Here's the First Preview for the Colbert Show Replacement, 'The Nightly Show'
- > Horrible Details of the Taliban's School Attack Emerge