Bon Iver is Breaking Up With All of Us
Everyone is in love with Justin Vernon. You are. Your significant other is. Peter Gabriel is. Justin Timberlake is. At this point, our parents probably love Bon Iver as much as we do. And that's why there's no easy way to say this, so Bon Iver might as well just come out and say it. He really likes us too, and we're amazing, and he hopes the best for us, but, well, it's just not working out. As he told Minnesota Public Radio,
Winding [Bon Iver] down. I look at it like a faucet. I have to turn it off and walk away from it because so much of how that music comes together is subconscious or discovering. There’s so much attention on the band, it can be distracting at times. I really feel the need to walk away from it while I still care about it. And then if I come back to it – if at all – I’ll feel better about it and be renewed or something to do that.
No. No, it is absolutely not our fault. He just needs some time to think, and has realized that we're going in different directions, and he just doesn't feel the way he wishes he felt about us. But he really has enjoyed this time, and he's sure we'll meet someone who's just perfect, and he hopes we can stay friends? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science
- > Watch the Gritty ‘Logan’ Trailer Mashed Up with the Old ‘X-Men’ Cartoon
- > Brain Injuries From Football Start as Early as Age 8
- > Father in Pakistan Walks Free After Murdering His Daughter and Her Boyfriend