This Bolivian Man May Be The Oldest Living Person On Record
And you thought your grandpa was old. If Bolivia's public records are correct, Carmelo Flores Laura is the oldest living person ever documented, at 123 years old. Bolivia's civil registry lists Flores' birth as July 16, 1890. To put things in perspective: This man was born just after the car was invented, he was 24 when WWI broke out and he's been around long before most of the technology we use on a daily basis was even a twinkle in the inventors' eyes.
The secret to his longevity? "I walk a lot, that's all," Flores told the Associated Press. "I don't eat noodles or rice, only barley" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Amazon’s ‘Dash’ Automatic Ordering Button Is Evidently Not a Prank
- > U.S. Foreign Adoptions are the Lowest They’ve Been Since 1982
- > Noose Found Hanging on Duke Campus. Investigation Underway.
- > Netflix Wants to Remind You of the 'Dangers' of Binge-Watching
- > Spray for Cyclists Lights Up at Night But Is Invisible During the Day