Boehner Yanks 'Plan B'
Citing a lack of Republican support, House Speaker John Boehner pulled his proposal to avoid the fiscal cliff last night. Boehner had said on Thursday that he felt confident that his plan would pass the House, but that confidence was shaken as he struggled to get enough members to sign on in support. About 8 p.m. on Thursday, House majority leader Eric Cantor announced there would be no vote on the Plan B. "The House did not take up the tax measure today because it did not have sufficient support from our members to pass," Boehner said in a statement. "Now it is up to the president to work with Senator (Harry) Reid on legislation to avert the fiscal cliff" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts
- > New Fan Trailer Imagines Jar Jar Binks as the Star of ‘Rogue One’ and It Ruins Everything