Boehner Yanks 'Plan B'
Citing a lack of Republican support, House Speaker John Boehner pulled his proposal to avoid the fiscal cliff last night. Boehner had said on Thursday that he felt confident that his plan would pass the House, but that confidence was shaken as he struggled to get enough members to sign on in support. About 8 p.m. on Thursday, House majority leader Eric Cantor announced there would be no vote on the Plan B. "The House did not take up the tax measure today because it did not have sufficient support from our members to pass," Boehner said in a statement. "Now it is up to the president to work with Senator (Harry) Reid on legislation to avert the fiscal cliff" ...
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes