Boehner Yanks 'Plan B'
Citing a lack of Republican support, House Speaker John Boehner pulled his proposal to avoid the fiscal cliff last night. Boehner had said on Thursday that he felt confident that his plan would pass the House, but that confidence was shaken as he struggled to get enough members to sign on in support. About 8 p.m. on Thursday, House majority leader Eric Cantor announced there would be no vote on the Plan B. "The House did not take up the tax measure today because it did not have sufficient support from our members to pass," Boehner said in a statement. "Now it is up to the president to work with Senator (Harry) Reid on legislation to avert the fiscal cliff" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Here’s the Latest Look at ‘Jurassic World’
- > The First Teaser for the New 007 Movie ‘Spectre’ Has Been Released
- > Report: 23 People Decapitated by Boko Haram in Latest Village Raid
- > Meet Jon Stewart’s ‘Daily Show’ Replacement, Trevor Noah
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'