Billionaire Spanx Founder Joins ‘Giving Pledge’, Will Donate Half of Her Wealth
Sara Blakely, the founder of the women’s undergarment company Spanx, is one of nine new billionaires to sign The Giving Pledge—a campaign in which billionaires pledge to give at least half of their wealth to charitable causes. The Giving Pledge was launched in 2010, and started as an idea of Warren Buffet and Bill and Melinda Gates. The 42-year-old Blakely joins a list of more than 100 other billionaires who have signed the pledge, including Richard Branson and his wife Joan, Larry Ellison, Michael Bloomberg, George Lucas and Mark Zuckerberg …
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign