Bieber Shows Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz Some Love after Moving Sermon
After recently being featured in a pretty flattering New York Times blog piece, Hillsong NYC continues to get some high-profile media attention. This weekend, pop superstar Justin Bieber was so moved by the Sunday message, that he tweeted this to the church’s pastor, Carl Lentz: "Love to my guy @carllentzNYC for the amazing sermon at church this morning. Love you man. I broke down today. Thank (you)." In addition to reaching thousands of parishioners every week, Hillsong NYC (a church plant founded by Lentz and Joel Houston) is also gaining a reputation for attracting celebrities with its laid-back atmosphere and relatable approach to preaching the Gospel. Lentz’s Instagram account has featured pictures of him hanging out with the likes of Bieber, NBA star Kevin Durant and even Jay-Z …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > A Previously Unfinished Love Story by JRR Tolkien Will Be Published Next Year
- > Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'
- > Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music
- > And Now, Here's James Corden Re-enacting Famous Tom Cruise Movie Scenes
- > Iraqi Officials: Retaking Mosul From ISIS Is Moving Fast