Bieber Shows Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz Some Love after Moving Sermon
After recently being featured in a pretty flattering New York Times blog piece, Hillsong NYC continues to get some high-profile media attention. This weekend, pop superstar Justin Bieber was so moved by the Sunday message, that he tweeted this to the church’s pastor, Carl Lentz: "Love to my guy @carllentzNYC for the amazing sermon at church this morning. Love you man. I broke down today. Thank (you)." In addition to reaching thousands of parishioners every week, Hillsong NYC (a church plant founded by Lentz and Joel Houston) is also gaining a reputation for attracting celebrities with its laid-back atmosphere and relatable approach to preaching the Gospel. Lentz’s Instagram account has featured pictures of him hanging out with the likes of Bieber, NBA star Kevin Durant and even Jay-Z …
Recommended For You
- > Suspicious: The U.S. Government Edited a Wikipedia Article About Reptilians Running the World
- > Pastor's Response to Burned Cross Outside Church: "Whoever Did It, We Forgive Them."
- > Map Shows America’s ‘Happiest’ and ‘Unhappiest’ Cities
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > Prisoner's Lethal Injection Execution Lasted Nearly Two Hours