Bieber Shows Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz Some Love after Moving Sermon
After recently being featured in a pretty flattering New York Times blog piece, Hillsong NYC continues to get some high-profile media attention. This weekend, pop superstar Justin Bieber was so moved by the Sunday message, that he tweeted this to the church’s pastor, Carl Lentz: "Love to my guy @carllentzNYC for the amazing sermon at church this morning. Love you man. I broke down today. Thank (you)." In addition to reaching thousands of parishioners every week, Hillsong NYC (a church plant founded by Lentz and Joel Houston) is also gaining a reputation for attracting celebrities with its laid-back atmosphere and relatable approach to preaching the Gospel. Lentz’s Instagram account has featured pictures of him hanging out with the likes of Bieber, NBA star Kevin Durant and even Jay-Z …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?