Bic's "For Her" Pen Loses to the Internet
Bic's attempt to reach out to that always-hard-to-tackle female market with a special brand of "Bic for Her" was an ill-fated move from the start. But the company has a real mess on its hands now in the form of dozens upon dozens of wonderful reviewers who've taken to posting fake reviews of the pen on Amazon, either mock-rejoicing there's finally a pen women can use or mock-warning others of the perils of allowing women to write. Here are some choice excerpts:
Breemeup is thrilled:
"I had despaired of ever being able to write down said recipes in a permanent manner, though my men-folk assured me that I 'shouldn't worry yer pretty little head'. But, AT LAST! Bic, the great liberator, has released a womanly pen that my gentle baby hands can use without fear of unlady-like callouses and bruises. Thank you, Bic!"
Ray Couch is less impressed:
"If a woman has something to say, tell a man, if its important enough to remember, we will write it down for you."
And bicGirl is confused:
"I don't understand all the 5 star reviews- this is the WORST eyeliner I have ever used! I can't get it off for the life of me."
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Last Year Was the Hottest Year on Record ... for the Third Year in a Row
- > Donald Trump Will Be Sworn in Using Abraham Lincoln's Bible (and His Own)
- > Two of the Country's Most Prominent Divinity Schools Instruct Their Faculty to Use Gender-Neutral Pronouns for God
- > ‘This Is Us’ Is Coming Back for at Least 2 More Seasons
- > This New Video from Disney Pixar Shows How the Movies Are All Connected