Biblical Home of Abraham Possibly Discovered by Archaeologists
Archaeologists have uncovered a massive building complex near the area that is thought to be the biblical home of Abraham in Iraq. Researchers say the structure may have served as a sort of public meeting building 4,000 years ago near the ancient city if Ur, where Abraham was born and lived before he moved to “the land of Canaan”. Among the artifacts uncovered at the site was a plaque that depicted a worshipper in a long robe nearing what they believe is a sacred structure. According to scripture, before Abraham introduced the idea of a single God, idol worship was common in the region …
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes