Biblical Home of Abraham Possibly Discovered by Archaeologists
Archaeologists have uncovered a massive building complex near the area that is thought to be the biblical home of Abraham in Iraq. Researchers say the structure may have served as a sort of public meeting building 4,000 years ago near the ancient city if Ur, where Abraham was born and lived before he moved to “the land of Canaan”. Among the artifacts uncovered at the site was a plaque that depicted a worshipper in a long robe nearing what they believe is a sacred structure. According to scripture, before Abraham introduced the idea of a single God, idol worship was common in the region …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet