The Bible Tops the List of the Most Read Books in the World
Researcher James Chapman has compiled this look at the top 10 most-read books in the world. Chapman created the list by examining how many individual copies of the books had been printed and sold over the last 50 years. As you can see from the graphic below (created by designer Jared Fanning), The Bible leads the countdown by a large margin, with nearly 4 billion copies printed and sold globally in the last five decades. Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung was No. 2 (820 million copies), followed by The Harry Potter series (400 million copies), The Lord of the Rings trilogy (103 million) and Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist (65 million). You can go here to see the full list and a larger version of the graph ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President