The Bible Tops the List of the Most Read Books in the World
Researcher James Chapman has compiled this look at the top 10 most-read books in the world. Chapman created the list by examining how many individual copies of the books had been printed and sold over the last 50 years. As you can see from the graphic below (created by designer Jared Fanning), The Bible leads the countdown by a large margin, with nearly 4 billion copies printed and sold globally in the last five decades. Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung was No. 2 (820 million copies), followed by The Harry Potter series (400 million copies), The Lord of the Rings trilogy (103 million) and Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist (65 million). You can go here to see the full list and a larger version of the graph ...
Recommended For You
- > Homemade Transformers Halloween Costumes Show the True Possibilities of Cardboard and Glue
- > Myanmar Leadership Host Rare Meetings with Activist Aung San Suu Kyi
- > There’s Definitely Going to Be a New Pee-wee Herman Movie
- > A New Frontrunner for the Best Mugshot of 2014
- > Nike's New Ad Is For the Lebron Fan In All of Us