Being Overweight Might Help You Live Longer. Adjust Your Resolutions Accordingly.
Well, here's some good news to kick off your 2013: It turns out a little extra body fat might actually add years to your life. While the health risks of being very obese are well documented, researchers have never been clear on just how much fat is too much. Now, however, Katherine Flegal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is saying that being overweight decreases your risk of death by about 6 percent. That's not very much but, hey, when you're talking about death, every little bit helps. So, don't be afraid of being overweight. Add an extra piece of bacon to your next burger, and strike a blow for long life ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’