Being Overweight Might Help You Live Longer. Adjust Your Resolutions Accordingly.
Well, here's some good news to kick off your 2013: It turns out a little extra body fat might actually add years to your life. While the health risks of being very obese are well documented, researchers have never been clear on just how much fat is too much. Now, however, Katherine Flegal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is saying that being overweight decreases your risk of death by about 6 percent. That's not very much but, hey, when you're talking about death, every little bit helps. So, don't be afraid of being overweight. Add an extra piece of bacon to your next burger, and strike a blow for long life ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- The Real Danger of Culture’s Post-Apocalyptic Obsession4
- Here’s the Trailer for ‘The Masked Saint’ About a Wrestling, Crime-Fighting Pastor14
- Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack 4,543
- The Religious Freedom Crisis No One is Talking About 916
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking
- > Migrant Crisis: 3 Arrests Made Following the Discovery of 71 Dead Bodies in Back of Truck
- > Check Out St. Vincent’s Signature Guitar
- > Here’s the Trailer for ‘The Masked Saint’ About a Wrestling, Crime-Fighting Pastor