Being Overweight Might Help You Live Longer. Adjust Your Resolutions Accordingly.
Well, here's some good news to kick off your 2013: It turns out a little extra body fat might actually add years to your life. While the health risks of being very obese are well documented, researchers have never been clear on just how much fat is too much. Now, however, Katherine Flegal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is saying that being overweight decreases your risk of death by about 6 percent. That's not very much but, hey, when you're talking about death, every little bit helps. So, don't be afraid of being overweight. Add an extra piece of bacon to your next burger, and strike a blow for long life ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > Migrants Around the World Are Meeting Closed Doors
- > Dan Harmon Will Appear on the Season Finale of Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’
- > Ellen Gave an Entire High School Class College Scholarships, and It Was Moving
- > #SomeoneTellFox Trends After Show Uses Real Footage of Terrorist Attack
- > The DAPL Protest Area Was Cleared in a ‘Military-Style Takeover’