Being Overweight Might Help You Live Longer. Adjust Your Resolutions Accordingly.
Well, here's some good news to kick off your 2013: It turns out a little extra body fat might actually add years to your life. While the health risks of being very obese are well documented, researchers have never been clear on just how much fat is too much. Now, however, Katherine Flegal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is saying that being overweight decreases your risk of death by about 6 percent. That's not very much but, hey, when you're talking about death, every little bit helps. So, don't be afraid of being overweight. Add an extra piece of bacon to your next burger, and strike a blow for long life ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?