Being Overweight Might Help You Live Longer. Adjust Your Resolutions Accordingly.
Well, here's some good news to kick off your 2013: It turns out a little extra body fat might actually add years to your life. While the health risks of being very obese are well documented, researchers have never been clear on just how much fat is too much. Now, however, Katherine Flegal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is saying that being overweight decreases your risk of death by about 6 percent. That's not very much but, hey, when you're talking about death, every little bit helps. So, don't be afraid of being overweight. Add an extra piece of bacon to your next burger, and strike a blow for long life ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Vince Vaughn’s Satirical iStock Photos Will Interject Some Life into Your PowerPoint Presentation
- > A Canadian Pastor Has Gone Missing While Doing Humanitarian Work in North Korea
- > Finally, We Know What 'X-Men' Would Look Like if It Were Directed by Wes Anderson
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons