Basically, Nobody's Talking About the Mark Driscoll Plagiarism Accusations
If you've been following the saga of a bevy of plagiarism accusations leveled at Pastor Mark Driscoll, good luck, because there's not much to follow. Following a heated exchange in which syndicated radio host Janet Mefferd brought Driscoll on her show and said he'd copied words and ideas without citation, and followed that up with a number of photographed copies of his work alongside some suspiciously similar writings of D.A. Carson and Dr. Peter Jones. However, despite several reporters going to these authors and Tyndale House, nobody appears to be saying much. Tyndale said they'd given a "thorough in-house review" and felt everything was properly cited. Dr. Jones said he wasn't making any statements. D.A. Carson said the same. Driscoll has kept quiet on it as well. So, all's quiet for now, though as Mefferd told Religion News Services, “I think it is entirely likely that more will come to light" ...
Update: One more person who's suddenly and surprisingly not talking about this: Janet Mefferd. She's removed all references to the broadcast and her photographic documentation of the plagiarism from her site, and issued an apology for not taking things up with Tyndale first.
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Hilary Swank Was Offered a Role for 5% of What Her Male Co-Star Would Earn
- > This Town in Australia Wants to Be the World's First Porn-Free City
- > This Awesome Dad Turned His Son’s Wheelchair Into the 'Ghostbusters' Ecto-1:
- > Happy Friday: Here’s a Video of DC Talk Playing ‘The Tonight Show’ in 1993
- > Here's the New Video for Chance the Rapper's Remix of Chris Tomlin's ‘How Great'