Barna Group: 5 Reasons Millennials Stay Connected to Church
For nearly 10 years, The Barna Group has been examining the behavior of millennials, conducting more than 27,000 interviews and producing more than 200 case studies. In response to recent stories about the high number of Millennials who are leaving the church, Barna has released a new study that finds out what factors can keep the generation connected to the Body of Christ. The new research identifies the five key factors that churches that successfully engage millenials have in common. They “make room” for meaningful relationships through mentorships and ensure “reverse mentorships” a priority. They equip parishioners with “cultural discernment” through teachings about contemporary issues, and also tell young people how to use their gifts for “vocational discipleship.” And, most importantly, successful churches “facilitate a connection with Jesus.” As with any study from Barna, over on their website, they've also created a series of slick infographs that breakdown the numbers and show how they arrived at their findings …
Recommended For You
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes
- > Geek Out with this Clip of ‘WHOLOCK: The Musical’