Awful Prank Ends Up Being Pretty Wonderful
When Michigan high school student Whitney Kropp was nominated by her fellow students to be homecoming queen, it was sort of a shock to her, because Whitney had never considered herself particularly popular. But then it was revealed that the prank was some sort of awful, Carrie-esque joke. The boy who'd been selected as king even withdrew, making her a laughingstock. She was crushed, until word of the prank got out and the whole town threw their support behind Whitney, donating her a dress, shoes, a full makeover, dinner and a photoshoot. All the positive attention prompted her to post a Facebook status that said: "Going to homecoming to show them that I'm not a joke. Im [sic] a beautiful person and you shouldn't mess with me!" The whole town turned out to see her crowned queen, and she told reporters, "I’m so happy – this is so much right now for me" ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet the Chestnut Praline Latte, Starbucks' First New Drink in 5 Years
- > Amy Poehler's Next Project: A Church-Themed Comedy
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed