Awesome Teens Chase Down Kidnapper On Bike, Rescue Little Girl
"I had the gut feeling that I was going to find the little girl." Those were the words of 15-year-old Temar Boggs and his pal Chris Garcia, two heroes for a country in desperate need of some. After word went out that 5-year-old Jocelyn Rojas had been abducted, Boggs and Garcia—neither of whom knew Jocelyn—got on their bikes and started patrolling their neighborhood.
And it's a good thing they did, because just two hours after Jocelyn was lured into a middle-aged man's car by the promise of ice cream, they spotted a driver that seemed suspicious and was avoiding police. Temar and Chris chased the vehicle, peddled up next to it and caught sight of a little girl and a middle-aged man at the wheel—when the man saw them, he pushed her out of the car and sped off. The girl ran into Temar's arms and told him, "I need to see my mommy." So, it was a happy ending for the folks of Lancaster Township in Pennsylvania, although the kidnapper remains at large. Still, Jocelyn's parents are elated that things didn't go much, much worse. "[They] were just saying that I was a hero, that I was a guardian angel ..." said Temar. "I'm just a normal person who did a thing that anybody else would do" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?