The Avengers Are All Assembling to Help Support This Dying Man
In October of 2011, Stratford Caldecott was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. His daughter, Sophie, recently wrote a blog post saying he only has a few weeks left and, moreover, that he's a huge comic book fan who was too ill to make to the theater to see Captain America 2: The Winter Solider. And since the movie won't be released on DVD until it's too late, Sophie asked Marvel to send her an advance release of the film. Marvel did just that, but now the Avengers (and a few Agents of SHIELD) are complying with Sophie's request to tweet their support of "Strat."
It's a little thing, but Sophie says it's warming her dad's heart to see Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), and even Tom Hiddleston (Loki) all sending their support ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Trailer: 'The Circle’ Is a Creepy Take on Modern Technology
- > German Chancellor Angela Merkel Calls for a Ban on Full-Face Veils
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Investigation Reveals That Pentagon Knew About $125 Billion Being Wasted And Covered It Up
- > Here Are Twitter's Top Tweets and Hashtags of 2016