The Avengers Are All Assembling to Help Support This Dying Man
In October of 2011, Stratford Caldecott was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. His daughter, Sophie, recently wrote a blog post saying he only has a few weeks left and, moreover, that he's a huge comic book fan who was too ill to make to the theater to see Captain America 2: The Winter Solider. And since the movie won't be released on DVD until it's too late, Sophie asked Marvel to send her an advance release of the film. Marvel did just that, but now the Avengers (and a few Agents of SHIELD) are complying with Sophie's request to tweet their support of "Strat."
It's a little thing, but Sophie says it's warming her dad's heart to see Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), and even Tom Hiddleston (Loki) all sending their support ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet the Chestnut Praline Latte, Starbucks' First New Drink in 5 Years
- > Amy Poehler's Next Project: A Church-Themed Comedy
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed