The Avengers Are All Assembling to Help Support This Dying Man
In October of 2011, Stratford Caldecott was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. His daughter, Sophie, recently wrote a blog post saying he only has a few weeks left and, moreover, that he's a huge comic book fan who was too ill to make to the theater to see Captain America 2: The Winter Solider. And since the movie won't be released on DVD until it's too late, Sophie asked Marvel to send her an advance release of the film. Marvel did just that, but now the Avengers (and a few Agents of SHIELD) are complying with Sophie's request to tweet their support of "Strat."
It's a little thing, but Sophie says it's warming her dad's heart to see Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), and even Tom Hiddleston (Loki) all sending their support ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course
- > Facebook Is Going to Bring Free Internet to 100 Countries
- > K-Cup Creator Feels Bad about All the Pollution Invention Has Caused
- > Protestors Arrested in Ferguson Following Release of DOJ Report