The Avengers Are All Assembling to Help Support This Dying Man
In October of 2011, Stratford Caldecott was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. His daughter, Sophie, recently wrote a blog post saying he only has a few weeks left and, moreover, that he's a huge comic book fan who was too ill to make to the theater to see Captain America 2: The Winter Solider. And since the movie won't be released on DVD until it's too late, Sophie asked Marvel to send her an advance release of the film. Marvel did just that, but now the Avengers (and a few Agents of SHIELD) are complying with Sophie's request to tweet their support of "Strat."
It's a little thing, but Sophie says it's warming her dad's heart to see Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), and even Tom Hiddleston (Loki) all sending their support ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?