Armstrong Apologizes to Livestrong, but Not for Drugs
A source has told the AP that Lance Armstrong apologized to the Livestrong staff "for letting the staff down and putting Livestrong at risk but he did not make a direct confession to the group about using banned drugs." That confession is allegedly going to come later, in the form of an interview with Oprah Winfrey. Armstrong spent years warding off allegations of a massive doping scheme before the Tour de France stripped him of his seven medals last year. He's continued to insist on his innocence but texted the AP, "I told her (Winfrey) to go wherever she wants and I'll answer the questions directly, honestly and candidly. That's all I can say." Time will tell just how much of a confession Oprah, afamed confession-wrangler, can extract from him ...
Recommended For You
- > 'Independence Day 2' Is Real and It Is Happening
- > Here's a Beautiful Song From Joy Williams and Hayley Williams
- > Darren Wilson Tells ABC News ‘I Did My Job Right’
- > HBO Hired a Ton of Lawyers to Look at Its New Scientology Documentary
- > A Young Chris Pratt Actually Predicted that He Would One Day Star in ‘Jurassic World’