Anonymous Targets Westboro Baptist
The shock and heartbreak over the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School have inspired Westboro Baptist Church to do what they do worst: jettison any semblance of humanity and decency by picketing the funerals of the victims. At this point, any measure of attention given to these clowns is too much, but famed hacking collective Anonymous—who has picked fights with Westboro in the past—apparently decided enough was enough, and used their considerable Internet savvy to leaked the personal information of the members of Westboro's congregation online for anyone to see, write, call or even pay a visit to. It's a pretty dramatic move, but their other move was more legal, more controversial and, perhaps, more effective: a petition to recognize Westboro as a hate group. It received the required number of signatures in one day ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > John Glenn, the First American to Orbit Earth, Died at 95
- > Report: Syria Has Stopped Bombing Aleppo So 8,000 Civilians Can Escape
- > Riz Ahmed Found Something to Rhyme With 'Calrissian' on 'The Tonight Show'
- > Tim Tebow Told an Incredible Story About a Crazy ‘Coincidence’ Involving John 3:16
- > Ryan Adams Has Released a New Song (and It’s Not a Taylor Swift Cover)