Andy From 'Parks and Rec' Is Marvel's New Superhero
Marvel's hinging its 2014 hopes on an odd duck: a big-budget superhero movie based on Guardians of the Galaxy, a mid-level group of space explorers most people outside the Marvel super-nerd circle have never heard of. But if they're looking to get the masses interested, they just made a smart move: casting Parks and Rec's universally beloved goof Andy (Chris Pratt) as the lead, Star Lord. He's described as "a half-alien, half-human NASA astronaut who becomes the leader of the titular team which also includes Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, and Gamora." Oh. One of those people ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?