Andy From 'Parks and Rec' Is Marvel's New Superhero
Marvel's hinging its 2014 hopes on an odd duck: a big-budget superhero movie based on Guardians of the Galaxy, a mid-level group of space explorers most people outside the Marvel super-nerd circle have never heard of. But if they're looking to get the masses interested, they just made a smart move: casting Parks and Rec's universally beloved goof Andy (Chris Pratt) as the lead, Star Lord. He's described as "a half-alien, half-human NASA astronaut who becomes the leader of the titular team which also includes Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, and Gamora." Oh. One of those people ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch This Father of the Bride Pull the ‘Ole ‘I Just Dropped the Wedding Cake' Prank
- > Here’s the New Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
- > Tebow Hit a Homerun on the First Pitch of His Pro Baseball Career
- > Disney Is Remaking ‘The Lion King’ for $ome Rea$on
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'