Andy From 'Parks and Rec' Is Marvel's New Superhero
Marvel's hinging its 2014 hopes on an odd duck: a big-budget superhero movie based on Guardians of the Galaxy, a mid-level group of space explorers most people outside the Marvel super-nerd circle have never heard of. But if they're looking to get the masses interested, they just made a smart move: casting Parks and Rec's universally beloved goof Andy (Chris Pratt) as the lead, Star Lord. He's described as "a half-alien, half-human NASA astronaut who becomes the leader of the titular team which also includes Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, and Gamora." Oh. One of those people ...
Recommended For You
- > GamerGate Continues to Be About Misogyny, Despite Its Best Efforts
- > The Perfect Crime: Texting Your Probation Officer for Weed
- > Study: Listening to Music While You Work Makes You More Efficient
- > South Korean KFC’s Version of the Double Down Is Terrifying
- > A Doctor in NYC Has Tested Positive for Ebola