Is America Going to War With Syria?
Short answer: probably. Not to distract anyone from the Miley Cyrus conversation (which may be more important than it seems), but war is on the horizon. U.S. investigators feel confident that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on its own people, which is the line in the sand President Barack Obama drew a year ago. To maintain credibility—and to ensure the U.N.'s zero tolerance policy regarding chemical warfare remains concrete—military intervention seems extremely likely. As opposed to some past conflicts, much of the world seems united in its approval of military response. The bigger question is not "if" America will go to war, but "how." Unmanned combat vehicles remain the U.S. military's weapon of choice, but many are still queasy about the ethical ramifications of drone warfare ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Amazon’s ‘Dash’ Automatic Ordering Button Is Evidently Not a Prank
- > U.S. Foreign Adoptions are the Lowest They’ve Been Since 1982
- > Noose Found Hanging on Duke Campus. Investigation Underway.
- > Netflix Wants to Remind You of the 'Dangers' of Binge-Watching
- > Spray for Cyclists Lights Up at Night But Is Invisible During the Day