Amazing, Wonderful Dolphins Actually Call Each Other By Name
We live in an incredible world, full of creatures who surprise and delight in a never ending torrent of newfound wonder. You might think you've heard it all, that you know all there is to know about the animal kingdom and, even if you heard something new, it certainly wouldn't have you rethinking the world and your place in it. But you're wrong, because it turns out that those clicks and whistles from dolphins are more than just usual animal sounds: they're actually dolphins talking to each other by name. Randall Wells, author of the new study, tells CNN that "These whistles actually turned out to be names. They're abstract names, which is unheard of in the animal kingdom beyond people." What's more, dolphins get to choose their own names which, actually, seems like a way cooler system than ours ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing