Amazing, Wonderful Dolphins Actually Call Each Other By Name
We live in an incredible world, full of creatures who surprise and delight in a never ending torrent of newfound wonder. You might think you've heard it all, that you know all there is to know about the animal kingdom and, even if you heard something new, it certainly wouldn't have you rethinking the world and your place in it. But you're wrong, because it turns out that those clicks and whistles from dolphins are more than just usual animal sounds: they're actually dolphins talking to each other by name. Randall Wells, author of the new study, tells CNN that "These whistles actually turned out to be names. They're abstract names, which is unheard of in the animal kingdom beyond people." What's more, dolphins get to choose their own names which, actually, seems like a way cooler system than ours ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Mythbusters Are Going to Test Walt White’s Machine Gun with Vince Gilligan
- > Polygamists in Montana Apply for Marriage License
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like If You Could See All the Asteroids in the Sky
- > Mosque Raises Thousands to Help Vandalized Catholic Church
- > Happy July 4 Weekend, Here’s a Crow Riding a Bald Eagle