This Ain't Your Grandmother's TV Show About George Washington
America has finally decided to be okay with its Presidents. Just look around. You've got Lincoln. You've got Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You've got your hologram Ronald Reagan. "But what about television shows?" cried the masses, and NBC was there to fill that void. David Seidler, the writer behind The King's Speech, has been called upon to create a new show based on George Washington, but this ain't your grandmother's George Washington. It's more like your great-great-great-great-grandmother's George Washington. The one who, according to Seidler, "had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife… the George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image." Everyone could have just said Mad Men in the 1770s, which almost certainly is what this was pitched as, and it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble ...
Recommended For You
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign
- > Scotland Will Remain a Part of the United Kingdom
- > Zack Snyder and JJ Abrams Are Having a Star Wars/Batman Mashup Twitter War
- > Air Force Members No Longer Have to Say ‘So Help Me God’ in Oath
- > 6 Iranians Given Six Months, 91 Lashes for Dancing to 'Happy'