This Ain't Your Grandmother's TV Show About George Washington
America has finally decided to be okay with its Presidents. Just look around. You've got Lincoln. You've got Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You've got your hologram Ronald Reagan. "But what about television shows?" cried the masses, and NBC was there to fill that void. David Seidler, the writer behind The King's Speech, has been called upon to create a new show based on George Washington, but this ain't your grandmother's George Washington. It's more like your great-great-great-great-grandmother's George Washington. The one who, according to Seidler, "had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife… the George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image." Everyone could have just said Mad Men in the 1770s, which almost certainly is what this was pitched as, and it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > The Internet Is Loving Odell Beckham's Amazing Catch
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign
- > Apple Launches New RED Campaign to Raise Money for AIDS/HIV Victims