This Ain't Your Grandmother's TV Show About George Washington
America has finally decided to be okay with its Presidents. Just look around. You've got Lincoln. You've got Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You've got your hologram Ronald Reagan. "But what about television shows?" cried the masses, and NBC was there to fill that void. David Seidler, the writer behind The King's Speech, has been called upon to create a new show based on George Washington, but this ain't your grandmother's George Washington. It's more like your great-great-great-great-grandmother's George Washington. The one who, according to Seidler, "had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife… the George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image." Everyone could have just said Mad Men in the 1770s, which almost certainly is what this was pitched as, and it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Second Season of 'Jessica Jones' Will Only Have Women Directors
- > An American Missionary Was Kidnapped in Niger Earlier This Month
- > Adnan Syed Could Soon Be Freed on Bail
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science