This Ain't Your Grandmother's TV Show About George Washington
America has finally decided to be okay with its Presidents. Just look around. You've got Lincoln. You've got Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You've got your hologram Ronald Reagan. "But what about television shows?" cried the masses, and NBC was there to fill that void. David Seidler, the writer behind The King's Speech, has been called upon to create a new show based on George Washington, but this ain't your grandmother's George Washington. It's more like your great-great-great-great-grandmother's George Washington. The one who, according to Seidler, "had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife… the George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image." Everyone could have just said Mad Men in the 1770s, which almost certainly is what this was pitched as, and it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble ...
Recommended For You
- > Benedict Cumberbatch Will Play Shere Khan in Other 'Jungle Book' Movie
- > Pope Francis Discusses Health and Possibility of Retirement
- > Gaza Ceasefire Breaks Down
- > Before Making It Big, Chris Pratt Lived in This Scooby Doo Van
- > Islamic State Militants Appear to Behead American Journalist In YouTube Video