This Ain't Your Grandmother's TV Show About George Washington
America has finally decided to be okay with its Presidents. Just look around. You've got Lincoln. You've got Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You've got your hologram Ronald Reagan. "But what about television shows?" cried the masses, and NBC was there to fill that void. David Seidler, the writer behind The King's Speech, has been called upon to create a new show based on George Washington, but this ain't your grandmother's George Washington. It's more like your great-great-great-great-grandmother's George Washington. The one who, according to Seidler, "had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife… the George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image." Everyone could have just said Mad Men in the 1770s, which almost certainly is what this was pitched as, and it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Tom Hardy’s Film Premiere Date Was a Real Dog
- > “Only James Bond Can Be James Bond” Steven Spielberg on His New Spy Film
- > Here's Bear Grylls Praying Over President Obama
- > Lucille Ball Lives: Cate Blanchett Will Play the Actress in an Upcoming Film
- > Same-Sex Couple Married in Kentucky County After Clerk Jailed