Afghan Government Vows to Hunt Down Those Responsible for Execution of Woman
A video that surfaced of the Taliban executing a young Afghan woman at close range drew strong words from President Harmid Karzai, who called it a "heinous and unforgivable crime" and urged the police to bring the responsible parties to justice. The woman had been accused of carrying on romantic relationships with two members of the Taliban, but had been denied her right to a fair trial or a just court, and cheering is heard on the video immediately following her execution. General John Allen, head of the US and NATO forces in Afghanistan called it "an atrocity of unspeakable cruelty" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies
- > The New Season of ‘Parks and Rec’ Will Take Place in the Future
- > Here's the First Preview for the Colbert Show Replacement, 'The Nightly Show'
- > Horrible Details of the Taliban's School Attack Emerge
- > The U.S. Navy Finally Has a Drone That Looks Like a Shark