Afghan Government Vows to Hunt Down Those Responsible for Execution of Woman
A video that surfaced of the Taliban executing a young Afghan woman at close range drew strong words from President Harmid Karzai, who called it a "heinous and unforgivable crime" and urged the police to bring the responsible parties to justice. The woman had been accused of carrying on romantic relationships with two members of the Taliban, but had been denied her right to a fair trial or a just court, and cheering is heard on the video immediately following her execution. General John Allen, head of the US and NATO forces in Afghanistan called it "an atrocity of unspeakable cruelty" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Superhero-Loving Girl Is Not Impressed with Store’s Ad about ‘Gifts for Boys’
- > NFL Star Gets Emotional After Scoring Touchdown for Daughter Born Hours Before
- > Report: Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Has Been Asked to Resign
- > Apple Launches New RED Campaign to Raise Money for AIDS/HIV Victims
- > Here’s Your First Look at 'Jurassic World'