Afghan Government Vows to Hunt Down Those Responsible for Execution of Woman
A video that surfaced of the Taliban executing a young Afghan woman at close range drew strong words from President Harmid Karzai, who called it a "heinous and unforgivable crime" and urged the police to bring the responsible parties to justice. The woman had been accused of carrying on romantic relationships with two members of the Taliban, but had been denied her right to a fair trial or a just court, and cheering is heard on the video immediately following her execution. General John Allen, head of the US and NATO forces in Afghanistan called it "an atrocity of unspeakable cruelty" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President